Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Never thought I would make a wreath & here are 2!

Yesterday my day was comprised of food....today, crafts....

Worked on a couple of projects, today I finished my second wreath. It is very similar to the first one I made for the 4th of July.

Wreath #1


4th of July wreath
This was an adaptation of two different wreaths I saw on Pinterest. One focused on using felt and it was a felt wrapped around the wreath and the other was using different red,white, and blue fabric tied onto a wire wreath shell.

Well, I don't have a large amount of fabric scraps laying around and the only round wreath I could find was made of straw....and I'm allergic to straw...(this was before I saw the genius idea of using a pool noodle!)

This wreath is VERY easy to make and rather cheap too. I just advise you to have a VERY SHARP pair of scissors...for this wreath, I did not and my hand was killing me!

Basically, you have to cut strips of felt...I cut some long and some short. Then, tie them on the wire.
Here you can see how the felt is tied on the wire wreath
(cute puppy, not included)
For the stars, I used white foam I found at the dollar store. And then attached them to some wire. The wire was then attached to the wire. (I curled the wire around my finger to give them some "spring")

Wreath #2

I made a football themed wreath for the upcoming football season...

I have seen a lot of cute football themed wreaths on Pinterest. Of course, those wreaths must be on the door of a family who like the same team...in this family, we are divided. So, I must plan accordingly and decorate as such. Therefore, I made the following wreath.

(not sure if you can tell, but I had to change some of the letters because I didn't want to shell out more money for letter beads)

The big difference here is the letters in the middle. I attached the letters to elastic. (Found the football beads next to the letter beads at Michaels.)



I also wanted the beads to stay still, so I hot glued them together...not sure if I would do that again because it made the string heavier, but it worked for this wreath.

These wreaths can be bought here: My Etsy Shop: Barkley's Bazaar
(complete customized to your liking!!)
By the way, (if you don't know me)...

No comments:

Post a Comment