Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's Almost My Most...

...Favorite time of the year!

old school photo...circa 2005 (wow!)

Made my first Halloween themed wreath over the past two days. Of course, it is black and orange...and I finally broke down and bought my first can of spray glitter!

I held off because I know of the madness that can be created once you get your hands on a can of spray glitter...as I found when I was with Julianna....but I knew that this wreath was in need of some glitter...

So, I went with the orange and black felt...and the wooden letters I painted purple and sprayed with glitter...the owl was a bonus find at the Hobby Lobby....

Now, there is a reason why I thew this together in August, my mother in law needed a "themed" basket for a raffle and I had the opportunity to choose the theme...so I went with Halloween...maybe not a safe bet, but I had this idea for the "basket"....and ran with it....

Also, I looked for things that complimented the colors of the wreath...so if it was glittery (but not too over the top) I preferred those items...and I also looked for things that had purple in them...

I was in a time crunch, so I didn't have a ton of time to search for a box, so I went with the "half off" variety at Hobby Lobby...so I spent about $7.50 on the box...and I found the spider web (in white at the dollar store), but this one was green (glows in the dark!) and I liked it better on the box...so I spent more on the web than I wanted (but used a 40% discount coupon) for the $3.99 web...which made me feel a little bit better...and I hot glued the web to the inside of the box...probably not the best idea...but I wanted the web to stay in place while it travels this weekend...and whoever gets it can always peel the glue off...

I filled it with some Halloween decorations and a bunch of products from Bath and Body Works...I LOVE their candles, so that was my "big ticket" item...unfortunately their candles were not on sale...(I love their sales!!! They are actual "sales!") and I got a fall candle holder...dresses up any candle...
Hopefully, someone else will like this basket and will bid on it! I know I love Halloween and it takes a certain person who would enjoy this Halloween madness....

1 comment:

  1. If one were to want to purchase one of these baskets from you, how would they do so?

    ReplyDelete