Monday, August 6, 2012

Beef Marinade...mighty tasty!

I had 2 steaks that I needed to do something with...

So, to Pinterest I went...and typed beef marinade and I got this recipe: Plain Chicken Southwestern Skirt Steak (good site...when you get a chance)

The best part about it???

I had all of the ingredients in my kitchen....I didn't have to go to the dreaded grocery store!!!!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 pounds skirt steak (I did not have 2 lbs...but used the same amount of marinade)

Whisked all of the ingredients (minus the steak) in a bowl:

So, put all of that in a Ziploc bag, sealed it and put it back in the refrigerator. Then, I definitely forgot the beef was in there and didn't make it until today. So, it sat in the fridge for 3 days.
marinade and steak in a ziploc

And, we didn't eat dinner at home tonight, so I had to make it quickly....

I previously wanted to grill the steaks, but had no time...so I pulled out the grill pan for the stove top...coated the bottom with some PAM...turned it on high heat (dumb idea)...sliced the beef and put it in the pan..

The beef was only in the pan for (literally) a minute or so...and done! Back into the fridge for lunch tomorrow, but the few pieces I tried....they were delicious! So easy, and so flavorful!!!

Definitely recommend!

1 comment:

  1. looks delicious! we had leftover skirt steak last night and it was tasty. Don't you love recipes that you don't have to go to the store for? Glad it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete