Sunday, August 12, 2012

Regrow your scallions?

Yes, that Pinterest post was true!

I don't know about you, but whenever I had to buy scallions (or green onions) I would cringe because you never use the entire bunch! So, it was buy the giant clump and end up throwing out half.

So, when I came across that "pin," I knew I had nothing to lose, so I tried it....

Here's How:

Cut what you need of the scallions (green onions) and then put the root part in a cup of water. In a week or two, you will have regrowth to use!

That's it!

Some things to remember though, those onions are thirsty! So, make sure you add water when they need it.

From time to time, rinse the cup and the roots. Give them new water.

One thing I have noticed, by the third or fourth time you reuse them...they begin to get a bit skinny. So, I assume I will need to buy a new bunch to start over. But, this bunch I have had for over a month! And, in this picture (sorry about the quality), you can see they have gotten skinnier...oh well they still work! So, save some cash....walk on the wild side....reuse your scallions!

No comments:

Post a Comment