Friday, August 3, 2012

Now that I'm on etsy...

What a whirlwind of 24 hours...after being asked by more than a couple of people if I sold any of the crafts I made (and me continuing to say no)...I finally broke down and did it. I opened an etsy shop.

(shameless plug, here's the link to my etsy shop: My Etsy Shop: Barkley's Bazaar)

As much as I love that I did it, I am still going to put the how-to's on here. And, I am going to continue to write the reviews because (honestly) that seems easier...less pressure.

So, without further to do...I made a new craft today. I was loving those little felt flowers I was seeing on different wreaths. And, I found a pin that actually showed how to make them...and they are SO EASY!!! (FYI...felt is only $.23 at Walmart...but does anyone know where it is cheaper?)

So, for the flowers the blog "Little Things, Bring Smiles" has the instructions. You can find them here: Little Things Brings Smiles

The only thing that really takes the time is finding the circles around the house to trace. I used a CD, the middle of the blue tape roll, and the top of a cup.

The "petal style" flower seemed harder with the petals, and next time I doubt I am going to even draw the petals, I will just free hand it...

(sorry I forgot to take a picture of just the little flowers...)

So, I realized I had to make something to put the cute little flowers on...so I combined it with the single letter "wreath" hanging...

At the Hobby Lobby, I got a custom sized "P" (for $1.99) and bought some twine at Wal-Mart (less than $3 for 525ft.)

I started to wrap the letter and THAT was tedious! I did have the glue gun handy and I swiped a strip of glue here and there to keep the twine in place. 

It was very messy (as you can see) and I did have trouble trying to figure out how to wrap the twine the right way in some places. I did cheat a little bit and glued single pieces of twine to the letter instead of wrapping it, but I don't think you can tell.

So, once I was finished I glued the flowers on it. The only thing now...to pick some ribbon to make it into a wreath!

Finished Product:


What do you think?
Not bad for a first attempt...(I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment