Thursday, August 2, 2012

DIY Wine Cork Board

I made this prior to my quest to be a blogger...

Over the years, we have kept a container of wine corks...not sure if that shows how I was preparing for cork crafts...or...how much we like wine...you decide....

Anyway, I saw a DIY cork board on Pinterest and figured I might as well tackle my container of corks and try it out...

First, took a trip to the Hobby Lobby and purchased a 12x12 scrapbook display frame and some black paint....

Then, I pulled all of the corks out and looked for the "pretty" ones, some from our favorite wineries we had visited, and ones that I actually wrote what the cork was from...

(Prior to gluing the corks onto the frame, I painted it black)

I grabbed a glue gun and a sharp kitchen knife (probably not the smartest thing, but it was all I had)

I just started to glue the wine corks in...at the end of each row I had to cut some corks to get them to fit...it was hard to cut them, but it worked. The bottom row, as you can see, I had to cut the corks length wise...that wasn't easy, but I didn't want to leave a space...

In the end, I had some burnt fingers, but a pretty nice cork board for the kitchen.


Relatively cheap project...I only paid for the scrapbook frame and paint (total: under $5.00)

But, that doesn't factor in all of the wine tours and wines,
but those memories will forever be priceless!

Our first real date!
Chaddsford Wine Festival in 2005


No comments:

Post a Comment