Monday, August 20, 2012

Unbelievable Burger Moment!

At the start of our "vacation" last week, we headed into Easton to grab some dinner and catch up with each other since I had been away for a few days...

We ended up at the Pearly Baker's Alehouse. We had been there before, but never for dinner...
(it is located across the street from the Crayola factory...in the town square)

The Pearly Baker is a great local place. During the summer, you can eat outside. But, you can always eat in the bar if you are looking for a low-key atmosphere. The bar in itself is a lot to take in. And, their beers on tap are constantly changing...

Each time we go, there are so many beers I have never heard of, so I never hesitate to ask for a sample...(and, I even tried one, got it, and about half way thru thought it was awful...changed it out for something else with no money lost...but, they made it up in their tip though!) :)

The back of the restaurant is a complete 180 degree turn from the front, it is decorated to be a sophisticated locale. White tablecloths...old pictures of the Easton area...mood lighting if you will...

Now, I had been raving to Ryan about this particular burger I had had when Julianna was here. Now, I am NOT a burger person...the only burgers I have ever really craved were Shorty burgers from Pete N Shorty's...(that review will have to be in another post...seeing as it is another great hole in my stomach from our move from Florida)

Anyway, so this burger, the Smokehouse Burger, has heart attack written all over it, but since I rarely eat burgers, I wasn't too worried...anyway, at the Pearly Baker, what's cool is you have the option of choosing local grass fed beef...definitely a plus. (I like when businesses support the locals!)

The rest of the burger...bacon, smoked cheddar, and steakhouse mayo..aka heart attack on a bun...
photo from yelp.com
The burger is mouthwater-y delicious...it oozes perfection. You can have the option of getting the yam chips or the nightly side special...yam chips are okay...but we went with the macaroni salad...however after the appetizer (we chose the calamari...best I had ever had) and the burger...the macaroni salad didn't really make it into my stomach...I was just too full!!!

The prices aren't too bad...it could turn into our "go-to" place...(not that I could ever replace Pete N Shorty's)...but we will see...that being said, if you're ever in Easton and are looking for a place to eat...don't pass on the Pearly Baker's Alehouse! It is a can't miss!

(side note: sorry I didn't take any of my own pictures...next time...then I will upload my own!)



No comments:

Post a Comment