Monday, August 6, 2012

More DIY Wreaths

Well, I feel like I have been wrapping yarn and twine all weekend...

These types of wreaths are extremely simple! (if you have the time to devote to them)



First tip, if you are going to do either of these wreaths is to rewind the yarn or twine you are going to use into a ball! Otherwise, it is going to take EVEN longer!

Second tip, tie the yarn/twine to start and hot glue the ends to the foam.

Third tip, make sure as you are winding the yarn/twine, you take the time to squish the yarn/twine together every so often. Otherwise, you are going to be able to see the Styrofoam through the yarn.


If you look closely at the twine wreath, you can see I have a section of brown yarn...that's because I didn't bunch the twine, so I had a "blank" spot, so I had left over brown yarn and used that to fill in the empty space.

The felt flowers are made using the following techniques...(don't worry, SUPER easy)

The first one I am going to show you makes petals on the flowers.
Use something in your house that is round you can trace. Then, draw petals around the traced circle.

Cut out the pattern. (if you think you can free hand it, don't worry about drawing on the petals..this was the only flower I drew the petals...honestly I think I would have been better off without drawing them)

Next, you are going to start cutting in a spiral. You will be left with a small circle of felt that can be thrown away.

Now, you are going to roll your spiral. It doesn't matter which end you start rolling. One way makes the flower short and fat. The other, makes them tall and skinnier.

Done!

An easier felt flower, just do the same as above, but without the petals.


For the pointed part of the spiral...I do round the edge. I didn't want pointy flowers.

So, there it is! Easy, right?

If you don't want to be bothered, I don't mind making one for you!
Head on over to my Etsy shop: Barkley's Bazaar
Completely customized to your liking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment