Friday, July 20, 2012

Organize Race Bibs/Triathlon Gift Basket

It's a triathlon weekend for me! Getting packed and ready to get up early tomorrow morning (3:30am wakeup time!ugh!) for the New Jersey State Triathlon! I'm super excited, I am in need of a good race.
Anyway, I thought I would share a few of my "race" things I have done...

First, is the birthday present/gift basket I put together for my husband, Ryan. He may be one of the hardest people to shop for. He never wants anything...he isn't one to give very many suggestions...and when he does, well...I get an answer like, "I want to ride a camel." (which I was able to find for that particular birthday...I am relentless)

So, with this triathlon coming up, I thought I would take a hint from all of those "pins" about gift baskets...I didn't want a lot of fluff presents and I did want everything in the basket to be functional...so here is the final product:
Things to give your favorite triathlete
Triathlon Basket

So, some of you are thinking...beer? In this basket? Yes, typically at the end of any race in Florida, beer was served...seems as though, not so much in this state of Pennsylvania...and yes, I added some Sour Patch Kids...another purchase just because they are a favorite...also included in the basket: an extra bib belt, new headphones, an incredible read: Born To Run, Luna bars, energy chews, TYR "shammy," and water...
And, I did say I wanted everything in the basket to be functional and the actual "basket" being used is suppose to be used in the transition area to clean his feet off between the bare-foot run from the swim to the bike...(in case you were wondering!)

Another "race" thing...as I was unpacking, I came across different race numbers from all of the races we had completed over the course of the past year...I didn't want to throw them away because I felt like they were each a little trophy showing I had accomplished each of those runs...(with the exception of the Oldsmar 5k...I still included that...for the rainy memories) Anyway, I had seen on a few pins where people put their running bibs on a flip frame or up on a piece of wood or as a form of wallpaper...again, being the cheap person I am (ok, that is part of being unemployed) I came up with this:



A way to keep your race bib numbers organized

I gathered up all of our racing bibs...then I grabbed:
*Scrapbook paper
*1 Hole puncher
*Ribbon
*Scissors

I put the race bibs in chronological order (the oldest to the newest). Then, I cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit behind the bib and punched a hole in the corner of the colored paper and slid all of that onto the ribbon. I did this until I was finished. It will be easy to add to it...I may or may not put the colored paper behind each bib...(but it does make it a bit prettier)...then I hung it in our office, so it is still out and I can still see and feel good about myself every time I see it.
Here are a few more pictures of it:
I wish I put my time on all of my bibs...

Very proud of this one! My first triathlon!

My Florida Racing Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment