Monday, July 30, 2012

Grilled Romaine! Best Salad EVER!!!

If you never thought to put romaine lettuce on the grill, you are missing out!

The first time we had this was at a wedding a few years ago. We saw it was on the menu and thought how weird/disgusting. Little did we know how delicious this salad was!

Neither myself, nor my husband are big salad eaters. We eat enough fruits/vegetables throughout the day that I don't feel we need to have a nightly salad (like I had when I was growing up)

But, when it is grilling season, this is a MUST HAVE! (and extremely easy!)

Grilled Romaine Directions
1. Cut the stalk in half.



 2. Brush each half with EVOO and season with salt and pepper











3. Grill for approximately 1 minute on each side (at 375 degrees)











4. Lettuce is done! (we typically like to enjoy this salad with either Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing)




 Try It and Let me know what you think!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment