Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cute Clipboard for List Makers


Like being organized? Are you a list maker? When you go to make a list it is inevitable you cannot find paper or a pen? Or, when you do find the paper and/or pen, you have forgotten what it is you wanted to write on the list? Tired of seeing little pieces of paper with lists on them laying around?

GET RID OF THE EYE SORE! GET ORGANIZED!


One, problem I have recently had can be contributed to having a multi-level house now. I forget to write down when we are running out of or out of something that is kept on the 2nd floor (like shampoo, toothpaste or razors) I never go to the store without a list, but unfortunately, when I am making my list, I don't remember razors and, well, that just isn't acceptable...


So...

I thought, how did I survive in the classrom? I remember things that I would need in my classroom and I always had my trusty clipboard with me where I would write EVERYTHING down...things I needed, ideas I thought of, people I needed to call, emails that needed to be written or responded to...not to mention my students classroom behavior...

I found some clipboards (which I had scored for free!) out of my classroom stash.
I grabbed some scrapbook paper, a foam brush, Modge Podge, paper cutter, and some stickers.

My first attempt, went terribly wrong. After I measured the paper size and the cut the paper down, I thought I should cover the whole clipboard with Modge Podge and then, apply the paper....HUGE mistake. The paper quickly attached to the Modge Podge and I couldn't move the paper...so the paper bubbled...and it was just awful...I didn't want to throw the clipboard away, so I ripped all of the scrapbook paper off (I had to use some sandpaper to help)
After this disaster, I got a little bit smarter.

First, I started with cutting the paper down so I could cover the corners and attached those with Modge Podge.

Next, I placed the bigger sheet of paper on the clipboard and began to Modge Podge a section and smooth the paper down. I continued until I was finished with the whole board.
Smooth the paper AS you Modge Podge
I went over the board with Modge Podge once.
Then, I applied the letters/embellishments. Then, I Modge Podged over the board one more time (extra layer on the sides)

I added ribbon attached to a pen and tied it to the top.

And then I added scrap paper that I use to make my lists on.
(by the way, the purple one is the disaster clipboard from above...I was able to salvage it!)

Now, I am going to hang one in the kitchen, so my husband and myself can write things that need to be added to next week's shopping list as needed. AND, I am going to hang one on the side of the counter in the bathroom, so I can keep track of the things we run out of upstairs!

They are pretty to look at AND they are completely functional!

No comments:

Post a Comment