Monday, July 23, 2012

Healthier (Martha Stewart) French Fries

Tonight, for dinner, I decided to try the Martha Stewart recipe I found (obviously) on Pinterest.
Here is the link: http://www.marthastewart.com/349033/italian-fries

I made a few changes to the way I made the recipe...

First, seeing as it is just Ryan and myself, I wasn't about to use 6-7 potatoes. Second, I wasn't sure why I needed to use 4 T. of butter when the recipe also called for olive oil. So, I decided, to completely omit the butter.

I forgot to take a picture, but I did cut up two potatoes and soaked them in salty water. The potatoes only soaked for about 20 minutes at most. Then, I patted them dry with paper towels.

Next, I sprayed the cookie sheet with PAM and put the fries on the cookie sheet. I didn't overlap any of the fries. I realize, now, that I should have seasoned the fries before I put them on the sheet, but I didn't think about it then. So, while the fries where on the sheet, I seasoned them with oregano, dried parsley, thyme, and Mrs. Dash seasonings (meaning I just shook a lot of stuff on top of the fries)....then, I sprinkled (what we call) shake cheese....in hindsight, should have used grated Parmesan and fresh parsley.
the seasonings

I drizzled olive oil over all of the fries and then put them into the oven. The oven was set at 400 degrees and I put them in for 30 minutes.
Right into the oven...
I did continue to check on them, because I wasn't sure since I didn't put the butter on top. (and I had to put the salmon I was also making in at the 15 minute mark)

When the 30 minutes were up, the smaller fries were crispy...I probably could have kept them in about 5-10 minutes longer, but all in all...they were tasty and (some were) crispy. I definitely did the right thing by not using the butter!

Here is a picture from tonight's dinner! YUM!
Jerk seasoned salmon, zucchini, and the Martha Stewart fries

No comments:

Post a Comment