Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Delicious Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps!!!

Tonight I took a recipe I found on Pinterest and changed it up a bit...
The original recipe was titled Spicy Shrimp Sandwich with Chipotle Avacado Mayo...
(found here: http://www.lifesambrosia.com/2010/09/spicy-shrimp-sandwich-with-chipotle-avocado-mayonnaise-recipe.html)

This was a FAST and easy dinner. Perfect for making right after a trip to the gym.

I didn't want the extra bread, so the first thing I omitted was the bread and replaced it with romaine lettuce. Next, I didn't grab chipotle peppers from the grocery store, so I knew I had to make some changes in the mayo recipe...I replaced the chipotle pepper with a poblano pepper, I added red pepper flakes (a shake or two), and cilantro and I cut down on the amount of mayo I used (I used 1/4 cup)...also, I didn't pull out the food processor, instead I used a hand mixer. Mixed it for maybe 45 seconds...it was a delicious creamy spread....

I kept the shrimp part of the recipe the same...(cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt)
once the shrimp was done...I had the lettuce laid out with the avacado mayo already on it...spooned the shrimp right on it...then rolled them up



Shrimp Lettuce Wraps prior to rolling

Ate it with a side of rice....absolutely delicious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment