Friday, July 27, 2012

To Die for Oatmeal Creme Cookies!!!

In high school, I had to have a Little Debbie's Oatmeal Creme Pie everyday for lunch...(lunch of a swimming champion, right?) and I had a certain way I ate them...and I'm not kidding...I literally I had to have one everyday.

Now that the metabolism isn't where it once was in high school, I have had to keep my consumption of these delicious pies to a bare minimum. In fact, it had been years since I had one until a certain person would keep them in her house (and bring them to me in her lunch)

So, when I came across a pin for a recipe for oatmeal creme cookies, I actually WANTED to bake these. (no baking gene here)

The original recipe can be found here: http://lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com/2011/08/baby-shower-oatmeal-cream-pies.html
Scrumptious Oatmeal Creme Cookies!

I made a few changes to the ingredients (changes are in bold print):

Cookies


  • 1 cup (2 sticks) (unsalted) butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • (omitted) 1 cup raisins
  • 3 cups Quaker Oats, old fashioned, uncooked

  • Creme: (probably could have halved all of this, I threw out about half of the mixture!)


  • 8 oz. mascarpone cheese 
  • 4 oz. fat free cream cheese, softened
  • 3-4 Tablespoons honey
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted (I don't know how to sift...so this didn't happen)

  • I followed the recipe steps. They were extremely easy to follow.

    I will note, you need to make sure you are making the same size cookies since they are sandwich cookies. I baked the cookies at 350 degrees for 11 minutes each. There was a little bit of sticking to the cookie sheet, but nothing terrible.

    After the cookies came out of the oven, I matched up the sizes of each cookie. Then, I didn't even make the filling for a couple of hours because I wanted to make sure the cookies were cool.

    But, once the filling was finished, I spooned the filling in (I'm not a big filling fan, so I probably didn't use as much as some would)

    All in all, a win!!! And, my stomach will be getting a little bit fatter thanks to this recipe...better do a couple extra minutes at the gym...
    The sizes of the cookies matched!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment