Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Grillin' It.... Name of the Game for Dinner

My previous post was about the best salad ever! (grilled romaine) But, I wanted to also share the other recipe I tried. This one was on the Six Sisters' Stuff website. They said it was their Mom's Secret Recipe...and they used the "M" word...(my most hated word ever, MOIST!)...but I looked past that...

It is a very simple recipe. Only 4 ingredients
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/2 t. horseradish
1 can of 7-Up (not diet)
1/4 c. vegetable oil

Marinade for at least 30 minutes.

Well, I am not a fan of hoseradish. I did some searches to see what I could use instead and I mainly found mustard....well, I'm not much of a mustard fan either. So, I just omitted it altogether.

I also used Sprite instead of 7-up. 

I marinated for about 2 hours.

All in all, it was a good recipe. Perfect for needing to throw something together that doesn't require a lot of ingredients. (I had everything already in the house)

The chicken was on the grill on med-high heat for about a minute too long. You want it cooked all the way thru (obviously), but just check it isn't on for too long.

Our chicken was a little bit overdone, but nothing a little bit of ranch dressing couldn't help!

Grilled 7-Up Chicken


Six Sisters' 7-Up Recipe: Six Sisters 7Up Grilled Chicken

In addition to the grilled romaine and chicken...thank you to our neighbors, we got a homegrown zucchini (it was the size of our 5 pound dog!!!), and I made "crab" fries....

Put (part) of the zucchini on the grill
Grilled Zucchini


And, the "crab" fries, followed the fry recipe you can find here: Martha Stewart Fries (Pugh It Style)

The only change was I sprinkled the fries with Old Bay Seasoning....
(sorry the picture is a little bit fuzzy)
Old Bay Seasoned "Crab" fries

No comments:

Post a Comment