Monday, July 23, 2012

Hoping to stop a cough...

For the past week, my husband has been coughing up a lung. It got so bad that he slept in the guestroom for a few nights. I felt really badly for him (one, because he doesn't get sick and two, we had the triathlon coming up, so I knew that was weighing heavily on him)

Well, I had read on a Pinterest post that someone had used a few drops Eucalyptus oil on their husband's feet and her children's feet and that amazingly enough, they stopped coughing...I immediately thought...A RESTFUL SLEEP MIRACLE! So, I ran to the grocery store (in a driving rain, nonetheless) to get what I really thought was a miracle. (One side note: I had been told previously that using Vick's Vapo Rub on your feel does something simliar, but having tried that and it didn't work...this was another (hopeful) option)

As I returned home, I immediately gave the bottle to my husband and he rubbed it on his feet. I waited and at first, I thought, "thank god," because I didn't hear that awful dry cough...but my thoughts were interrupted when he did, indeed, cough. I didn't give up, because I hoped that maybe if he was laying down to go to sleep maybe it would work...but, it didn't...

So, unfortunately, Ecalyptus oil did not work to stop the cough in this family...maybe he didn't use enough drops (he rubbed 4-6 drops on each foot)...so if anyone has any thoughts to contribute...I am open to anything...I am glad it worked for "T"...

Site I got my hope from: http://aseedinspired.com/2012/02/25/eucalyptus-oil-or-how-to-get-everyone-to-sleep/

1 comment:

  1. Rub 4 drops directly on your chest, like old school Vicks. No more cough...for the most part...

    ReplyDelete