Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tips for Toes

Being the huge swimming fan that I am, I have been glued to the Olympics. Due to this, I have a lot of couch time, so I thought about all of the pins I had seen concerning toes...so I could keep myself busy, get a cheap pedicure, and keep my eyes on all of the swimming action...

I decided to try out all of the tips I had read about in various pins. From taking dark polish off, getting your nails nice and white, to tips for an easy polish...

The Before

Dark Polish (usually a pain to take off)
*side note, I apologize for the pictures of my freakishly long toes...
the before

 

 

 

 

Tip #1 - Removing Polish

Soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover.
Apply to the toenail.
Wrap toe with aluminum foil.
Remove the foil and you will have clean toenails.
applying the cotton ball to the toe

under each piece of foil is a cotton ball







no more polish!
I absolutely LOVE this technique! Especially if you have glitter polish on! I probably leave the foil on for 2 minutes at the most for dark polish or glitter polish and as silly as you feel doing it, it is ALL WORTH IT!!! It does use up more nail polish remover than normal, but it is a GREAT technique!

Tip #2 - Whitening your nails

Make a paste using 1 tbsp peroxide and 2 1/4 tbsp baking soda. Let this paste sit on your nails for 5 minutes.

what a mess!
I don't know if I did this wrong, but I followed the directions.
I will say the directions forget to tell you that this will be very messy.
Make sure you have a towel, thankfully I did.

This didn't do a thing to my nails. I will have to try the whitening toothpaste tip from Shape magazine next time.

Tip #3 - Tip for an Easy Polish

Put Aquaphor around each nail and the extra polish will wipe away clean and easily. (added bonus, your toes get a little bit of extra moisturizing care)

Apply Aquaphor around each nail...even the baby nail
I love this tip! You need to be careful not to get the Aquaphor on your nail, but otherwise, you can wipe the excess away!

All Done!


The websites where my "pins" came from:
http://madtownmacs.blogspot.com/2012/07/perfect-polish-every-time.html?spref=fb&m=1
http://ericaprimpandpolish.blogspot.fr/2012/03/best-nail-polish-trick-i-know.html
and a tip that was on the pin but wasn't on the Shape website...Shape website said to use whitening toothpaste...
http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/beauty-style/best-beauty-secrets-people-who-know-best?page=22






No comments:

Post a Comment