Monday, July 23, 2012

Hard Shirt into a Soft Vintage Feel Shirt? NO!

Update: IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!
I was sooooo hoping that it would!!! But, after all of that, I am still stuck with a "hard" color run shirt...I was really hoping it would work...maybe I did something wrong, but I followed the instructions...I guess it was too good to be true :(

Update: 2 days into the "brine"...Doesn't feel like anything is happening...still feels like a "hard" shirt!

A few weeks ago, I ran in Philly's Color Run. If you ever have the opportunity to do this race, I highly recommend it! It doesn't matter what ability level you are..you can run, jog, walk...crawl even if you wanted to...it really was the happiest 5k...
My Girls and I after the Color Run
That being said, the shirt that came in our "swag" bag had less to be desired...(side note: any time I race I always look forward to the "swag" bag shirt, a personalized number bib, or if a medal is involved..sometimes those are the reasons why I sign up for a race...I know, pathetic...) Anyway, the shirt was a 100% cotton shirt...you can see it below:
I added the shirt to a container that had a quart and half of water and 3/4 cup of salt.
soft, vintage feel
The recipe says the tshirt needs to say in this mixture for 3 days and then I will need to machine wash it with a "dash" of detergent...and then, I should have a tshirt with a "soft, vintage feel"

I will keep you updated! Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment