Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Korean Inspired Dinner

We are not takeout people. But, that doesn't mean we don't enjoy it. I know I am just turned off by the amount of sodium that comes with the take out. So, I try to stay away from it.
But, sometimes, you just have a certain craving...and with this recipe I can satisify my Asian inspired craving and use fresh ingredients! (and as always, it's pretty easy!)

One thing about the noodles I used...Wegman's is the grocery store of all grocery stores...and the ethnic section of the grocery store is so vast that the Asian aisle is full of options...I chose the lo mein noodles because I like thicker noodles, but I wanted to pass along a skinny noodle is always an option.

Ingredients


*sesame seeds (I found mine at Target)
*low-sodium soy sauce
*1/2 t. sugar or Splenda
*1 T. hot chili paste  (or you can use less..depends how spicy you want)
*sesame oil
*chicken breast, cubed
*vegetable oil (use sparingly)
*small yellow onion, sliced
*red pepper, sliced
*3 cloves minced garlic
*green onion (I used 5 stalks, diced)
*4 handfuls fresh spinach
*noodles (I used Lo Mein)
*salt and pepper

Step by Step

1. Cook chicken breast in some sesame oil. Cook until cubes are no longer pink. Set aside.
2. While the chicken is cooking, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, chili paste, and 1 T. sesame oil.
3. Cook noodles according to the package directions. Drain. Set aside.
4. In a wok, heat vegetable oil (or stick to sesame oil), add yellow onion and red pepper. After a few minutes, add the garlic, green onion and spinach. Season with some salt and pepper.


5. Once the spinach has wilted, add in the chicken and noodles.
6. Top with the sauce and mix it in. Add more sesame seeds (if desired)
 7. Once it is all mixed together, I kept it over the heat (med-low) for a few extra minutes.
ENJOY!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment