Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Love My Grandmother!

First, very sorry it has been so long since I last blogged! So much has been happening! Lately, I have been writing curriculum to use with the books my grandmother publishes.


So, I am going to take a brief moment to shamelessly plug her!

Jason and Nordic Publishers was created by my grandmother when she saw a very large need in the area of books for kids with specials needs and their friends. But, let's back up a little bit more...my older brother, Jason, was born with cerebral palsy (or CP for short) and my grandmother (who was a special education music teacher) noticed a shortage of books for kids with special needs and their friends to relate to. So, she started out by writing short stories. From there, it grew to be what it is today as Turtle Books! Since then, my brother has passed, but her passion for this business still remains strong!
Many of the books were written by my grandmother, those under the pen name, "Nan Holcomb," were written by her. However, all of the books have been published by her company. (by the way, it was YEARS until I finally asked what "Nordic" was...come to find out it was the first three letters of her name and my grandfather's name...sneaky, sneaky....either that, or I'm just really dense...either way)


Anyway, I have been working with her over the past year to write the curriculum that coincides with some of the books, for the next edition of the Sensitivity and Awareness Guide. It has been QUITE the undertaking, but I have truly enjoyed working on this with her! I am far from done, but I can see a small glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel...so, that being said....

Please take a moment and check out her website! http://jasonandnordic.com/

More Importantly!

If you like what you see...buy some books! Pass along the information! Spread the word!!!


By the way...for the newest edition of the S&A Guide...my name will be on the cover :) I'm pretty excited about it...it's the small stuff!
A picture of my "Nan" and me last summer!
 
Small Disclaimer to Nan...I borrowed the images from your website, I hope you don't mind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment