Sunday, October 28, 2012

Faux Lasagna Recipe

This is a recipe I came up with on my own because (honestly) I really don't like lasagna...I am not a fan of the different cheeses used in typical lasagna...my mom's recipe was pretty good...but I just didn't like the taste of it...but lasagna is always the "go to" recipe to impress houseguests you might have over for dinner...or at least that is what it seems...it's too much work for a nightly meal, but showy enough for company...

Well, that being said, I wanted to figure out something I could make like lasagna that also tastes delicious to me, but is "showy" enough for company...

Get ready for ALOT of multi-tasking in this recipe...getting the timing down takes practice...but with practice it is worth it...and yes, there is quite a mess after the making of this recipe...at least there is qutie a mess when I'm done...

Faux Lasagna Recipe

Ingredients

*1 lb ground beef (thawed)
*1 small yellow onion, diced
*1/2 c. fresh basil
*2-3 cloves minced garlic
*3 packages frozen cheese ravioli (you will have some leftover)
*1 jar spaghetti sauce
*2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
*2 c. fresh spinach
*Italian seasonings...parsley, oregano, onion salt, garlic
*salt and pepper
*PAM spray
*EVOO (for drizzling)
*9x13 pan

Step by Step

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown ground beef with onion, garlic, and basil over medium heat. (I also sprinkle some seasonings over the meat)

3. Bring pot to a boil and cook ravioli according to package directions.
4. Drain ravioli. Drizzle EVOO over the noodles to prevent sticking...
5. PAM the pan and then arrange the first layer of ravioli (as seen in the picture)

6. Cover the layer with spaghetti sauce and then cover the sauce with the ground beef.

Cover with cheese.

7. Cook the spinach (in the same pan as the beef was in)
8. Cover the beef with another layer of ravioli. Then, top with the spinach.

Over the spinach, add a layer of sauce and cheese.

9. Top with final layer of ravioli.

Top with remaining cheese and Italian seasonings.

10. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment