Monday, October 15, 2012

Chicken Enchilada....PIZZA!

If you couldn't tell, I LOVE to put different toppings on the pizzas I make. However, when we actually get a pizza...it's always a cheese pizza. And, just as a quick add-in...boy do I miss Mario's Pizza in Clearwater, FL...they were the best! So, if you're ever in the Clearwater area...make sure you check them out!

Anyway, back to my newest topping endeavour....

Chicken Enchilada Pizza

Ingredients

*1 chicken breast, cubed
*half red pepper, sliced
*half green pepper, sliced
*half small yellow onion, thinly sliced
*cilantro
*1/4 c. Goya Sofrito Tomato cooking base (use enchilada sauce if you can't find this)
*fresh tomato, diced
*chili powder
*pizza sauce
*pizza crust (I used the red pepper one again!)
*shredded mexican cheese blend

Step By Step

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cook chicken over medium heat. Season with chili powder, cilantro and salt and pepper.
3. Remove chicken from heat. Use the same pan for peppers, onions, cilantro and Sofrito sauce.
Cook the veggies until they are soft. Also, with the cilantro, add in some of the stems..they have the MOST flavor. (I remove the stems after the veggies are cooked)

4. Add chicken back in and mix together.

5. PAM spray the pizza crust. Spread pizza sauce over the crust.
6. Add chicken and veggies over the sauce. Then, top with cheese.

7. Add diced tomatoes and cilantro on top of the cheese. Add more chili powder if desired.
8. Reduce the heat down to 425 degrees. Bake the pizza for 7-8 minutes.
We furthered the "spice" and topped the pizza with red pepper flakes before eating...

A few side notes...
First, I truly feel the freshly diced tomatoes REALLY made this pizza. It made the freshness of the ingredients really jump out.

Second, while I was home the other day, I stocked up on a local favorite...I love when I'm in Altoona the Delgrosso sauces are usually $1.00 a piece! We definitely took advantage and the transportation by car is MUCH easier than transporting them by suitcase back to Florida. So YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment