Friday, October 5, 2012

Breakfast Burritos...Ryan is going to be jealous!

I wanted to post a breakfast recipe post for awhile...and today is the day. The bummer, Ryan is at work, so he is missing out! But, there is always the weekend...which is the only time we actually "make" breakfast...

To me, this is a "duh!" recipe because it isn't very original. In fact, the reason I began to make this recipe was I loved the breakfast burritos at McDonalds...that was back in the day and I would reward myself with a "hot" breakfast on Fridays when I had an hour commute to work in the morning when I worked in Florida...it was my reason to get out of bed...sad, but true.

Well, one of those Fridays...I didn't feel so good after one, and from that day forward I couldn't bring myself to buy another breakfast burrito from McDonalds...so instead I began to make my own. Not as fast, but MUCH healthier! (BONUS:  I only use 1 pan!)

Breakfast Burrito (for one)

Ingredients

*1 egg and 1 egg white
*1 slice of yellow onion
*a few slices of pepper (red and green), diced
*cilantro
*chili powder
*salt and pepper
*shredded cheese
*1 tortilla

Step by Step

1. Spray PAM and cook peppers and onions over medium heat. (season with salt, pepper and chili powder)
2. Remove and put in separate bowl.
3. Scramble the egg. Then, add the veggies back in (add cilantro!)

4. Remove from heat and place in bowl, top with shredded cheese.
5. PAM the pan and then place the tortilla in the pan. Flip once.

6. Pour egg/veggies back in. Cover to melt the cheese.

7. Remove from heat. Top with salsa. YUM!


2 comments:

  1. This is actually looks way better than the ones at McDonald's. I had the same experience with one and haven't gotten one since but now thanks to this recipe I'll get to have my breakfast burrito again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add cheese to this one..but it is a favorite! I love heating up the soft taco in the frying pan

      Delete