Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chilly Day = Warm Comfort Food Dinner

Tonight's dinner is relatively easy...but it might be easy to me because it is definitely a recipe I grew up with and one that I have never had to look at a recipe for.

That being said, tonight, while I was making it, I was trying to pay attention to how much of everything I used. It was REALLY hard....of course, I still didn't measure anything, but I REALLY did TRY to get a good guess-ti-mate....

Quick Side Note: this may or may not be a "true" Swedish Meatball recipe...but it is what came to be my favorite meal as a kid that my mom would make...and we called it "Swedish Meatballs"

Swedish Meatballs over Egg Noodles

Ingredients

*1 pound ground beef (for this recipe I use the 90-10 mix)
*1 small yellow onion
*5 cloves minced garlic
*dry herbs...oregano, parsley (I also used Montreal Steak seasoning) *dry bread crumbs *1 egg, beatened *egg noodles *low sodium cream of mushroom soup *cup of water Possible: flour, milk Step by Step 1. In a mixing bowl, mix beatened egg , garlic, onion and dry herbs together. 2. Pour over ground beef. Mix in by hand. 3. Add in about a half to a full cup of bread crumbs. Mix in by hand. 4. Roll meat into inch width balls. Begin to heat a pan (don't forget to PAM!) 5. Once the pan is warm, place the meatballs in the pan and cover. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn and rotate. Add in a few T. Of water. Once the meatballs are cooked through, remove and set aside. 6. Boil egg noodles for approx. 7 minutes. 7. In same pan used for meatballs, pour cream of mushroom/water mixture into the pan. Heat to a low simmer. If you need to thickened the sauce, add in a bit of flour or milk. 8. Once sauce has thickened, add meatballs back in and cook for a few more minutes. 9. Pour the meatballs and sauce over noodles. Serve with a side of vegetables. Side note: I am not a big fan of adding additional salt and pepper to food,but I always need to with this recipe





No comments:

Post a Comment