Saturday, January 12, 2013

Super Easy Mini Cheesecakes

Soon I will be posting my pictures from our Big Bang Theory theme party. If you know me, you know I love throwing theme parties! I haven't been able to in awhile because, well, the apartment in Florida didn't have enough space for more than maybe 5 people over at a time. That doesn't make for a very exciting theme anything. So, now that we have a house...it's on!

Anyway, since I am somewhat of a control freak and my attention to detail can be a bit insane, I have (of course) gone the extra mile for making sure pretty much everything fits into the theme...if I could have had the actual Sheldon at my party I totally would have done that. Not to mention, if I could have set up my living room the way their living room is set up...I would have. (yes, I DID think about how to do it)

Back to this recipe, I wanted to incorporate Penny into the theme somehow...and I thought since she works at the Cheesecake Factory, I should have cheesecake. I looked for recipes and found some interesting ones...but I wanted something with very little fuss involved. Came across a Paula Deen recipe (FoodNetwork.com)...definitely not expecting to use anything from Paula Deen ever this was a pleasant surprise. I, of course, made some tweeks here and there, but overall, VERY painless and SUPER easy! I would do these again for another occasion!



(Next time, though, I will put the chips IN the batter....not just on top)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes
Ingredients
Crust
*1 1/4 low fat honey graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole graham crackers)
*3 Tablespoons sugar
*1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
pinch salt
(I also threw in some ground flax seed, just for fun)

Filling
*2 packages of low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
*1 cup sugar
*1/4 all purpose flour
*1 teaspoon vanilla
*2 large eggs, at room temperature

Step by Step Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. PAM spray the muffin tin or use cupcake liners. (I did not use liners)
2. Pulverize the graham crackers in a sturdy bag. Using a fork, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, (flax seed) and melted butter. Make sure the crumbs look wet ("moist"...I hate that word)



3. Press the crumbs into each spot. Use a shot glass to press the crumbs down. (I read that tip somewhere)


4. Next, combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla using an electric mixer. I used a hand mixer and it worked. Mix in 1 egg at a time. (add in chocolate chips/peanut butter chips if desired)


5. Spoon about 1/4 c. of filling into each spot.

6. Bake for approximately 18 minutes. Top with chips and return to the oven for an additional minute.

Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. To remove the cakes if you didn't use liners, gently run a knife around each cake and they should pop right out.


Refrigerate until ready to serve! YUM!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment