Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Roasted Garlicky Green Beans

I found a recipe on roasting garlic and I just HAD to try it! But, I didn't want to put it on bread (just yet) I wanted to see what the garlic was really like after roasting it...so I figured if I used it on a vegetable that would be a good combination...healthy somewhat bland vegetable meets the deliciousness of garlic.I will DEFINITELY use this on bread soon!!!!

Roasted Garlic
1 bulb of garlic
a few splashes of extra virgin olive oil
aluminum foil

Step By Step Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut top 1/3 of garlic off.


Place on large piece of aluminum foil and drizzle EVOO over it. Crumble the aluminum foil around garlic.


Bake for 45 minutes.


Garlicky Green Beans
Ingredients
green beans
roasted garlic paste (from above recipe)
salt and pepper
(Grated cheese....going to try using this next time!)

Step by Step Directions
1. Steam the green beans for approximately 3-4 minutes.
2. Using a paper towel to hold the garlic, squeeze the garlic paste out.

3. Transfer green beans to a pan. Stir in garlic paste. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper. (add in cheese if you prefer)
Eat the day after and get more of a garlicky taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment