Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Not So Pretty Crab Cakes...

Well, I tried. I don't know how people make pretty crab cakes. There must be a trick I don't know about. Or, I could chalk it up to how much I dislike the Ravens, so since this was the "Ravens" recipe for the week...I could leave it at that. (And no, I won't go off on a tangent on how much I am not and never will be a Baltimore fan....bleck!)
fox43.com


Back to the recipe...I gathered the ingredients I would use to put together a crab cake. Apparently, I missed the true "glue" of the cake. I think I needed to use more mayo or another egg...but whatever it was I missed it. Or, I mixed the ingredients together in the wrong matter...I'm not sure. Next time I might mix my dry ingredients first and the other ingredients together in another bowl. Then, combine. However, they tasted very good, had a GREAT "bite" to them, but they didn't stay together as a "cake."
burnt and falling apart...BUT tasty!
Well, here is my crab cake recipe...feel free to give me any tips you have for improvement!!!

Pugh's Not So Pretty Crab Cakes
Ingredients
1 lb. crab meat or imitation crab meat (depends on how much money you want to spend)
1/2 red pepper, sauteed and diced into small pieces
1/2 green pepper, sauteed and diced into small pieces
1/2 c. Panko bread crumbs
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 T. chives
2 T. Old Bay seasoning
2 T. mayo
a few splashes Frank's Red Hot

Step By Step Directions
Mix all ingredients together. Form into cakes. (I used a 1/4 c. to measure)
Heat over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Flip once.






Forever and Ever....



Just had to put that out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment