Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cheesy Cilantro Chicken Roll-Ups

This recipe turned out better than I thought it would. I guess I should back up and say why...well, when I made this recipe I was sick. Sick as in...I couldn't smell anything and I couldn't taste any flavors...so I wasn't sure what it was going to turn out to be. That being said, when all was said and done, it was spicy enough that even I (as sick as I was) could taste it and thought it was delicious. Only thing I had trouble with was figuring out how long to bake this chicken...it was a lot of pulling out of the oven and checking...I think I have it down, but it was a concern for me while trying this one out....

Cheesey Cilantro Chicken Roll-Ups
Ingredients
*2 fresh chicken breasts
*1 c. cilantro leaves
*1/2 c. - 3/4 c. mexican cheese blend
*1/4 c. flour
*1 T. chili powder
*1 t. coriander powder
*salt and pepper
*salsa and/or sour cream (for topping)

Step by Step Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Flatten the chicken breasts out until they are about 1/2 inch thick.

2. Coat the chicken in flour, chili powder and coriander. (I shook the chicken in a bag)

3. Lay the chicken out on a plate and cover with cilantro and cheese. Top with salt and pepper.



4. Roll the chicken and secure with each with a toothpick. (I had metal "sticks" my Mom gave me to use with turkey)

5. Place in a greased pan. Do not cover. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Top with salsa and/or sour cream to serve.
In case you want more heat, you could always add in some hot sauce or red pepper flakes....just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment