Monday, January 14, 2013

Our Big Bang Theory theme party!

I LOVE throwing theme parties! And, I LOVE Big Bang Theory! So, how did I arrive at having this party as a 31 year old? Well....

My husband and I decided we wanted to invite some people over during the holidays....of course, everyone was already busy (we must be lame because we weren't busy).  But, that is neither here nor there...so we decided to have people over in January.  As we were watching another rerun of our favorite show, we got the idea of throwing this theme party. We decided to use Sheldon Cooper's "Newtonmas" explaination as our tie into Christmas...and yes, we kept our Christmas decorations up...tree and all!

Fast forward to the middle of January...and everyone is SICK! So, what was meant to be a bigger affair turned into  a few of our friends braving the conditions and coming over...that doesn't mean I wasn't prepared. This post doesn't have any recipes, but it does show the few things we did to our house to make it more "BBT" friendly.


Our Floor Mat

Our front door
It was made to look like the broken elevator. (this caused some confusion because then they had to go around to the back door to get in)


Around the house
I hung different quotes from the show that tied into the various things around the house. For example, the song Sheldon sings when he pees...that was hung behind the toliet.



Decorations
I forgot to take pictures of this, but I hung up cutouts of superheroes  around the house. I was going to hang them on the tree, but the tree was literally falling apart from being up for so long, so instead the cutouts were on the wall. Also, I found The Avengers tablecloth and napkins at Walmart.

Here are some other ones:
Hint...Fun with Flags!



And of course, I had to "highlight" Sheldon's spot


Food Ideas
We ordered pizza and I put the sign out for Giacomo's because that is where the guys get their pizza. (again, didn't take a picture...my bad!)

I made sugar cookies in the shape of a "soft kitty"



I made mini cheesecake cupcakes...an ode to the Cheesecake Factory (where Penny works) and I titled them as Leonard's Enemy...(you can find the recipe for this on this blog!)

Drinks
(with or without alcohol)
I also had Shirley Temples available...

And finally...


Dress Appropriately
Our friends were encouraged to dress like their favorite Big Bang Theory character or their favorite superhero...
 Ryan and I
aka Howard Wolowitz and Bernadette
Ryan and his brother 
Showing off their favorite TBS poses...
My sister in law and my other brother in law

Gotta love my family and what I torture them with!







No comments:

Post a Comment