Monday, December 3, 2012

A "NEW" Twist on Zucchini!

I might be weird, but I LOVE zucchini! Usually, I slice it and cook on top of the stove with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and salt and pepper...but sometimes, you just need a change!

So, when I was looking through my kitchen at things I hadn't used in awhile, I noticed the can of Panko bread crumbs...well why not?

Panko Breaded Zucchini Strips

Ingredients
*zucchini (thinly sliced length wise...about 1/4")
*about 1 c. Panko breadcrumbs
*1/2 c. Italian breadcrumbs
*2 T. garlic salt
*1 egg or 2 egg whites
*salt and pepper
(optional: parmesan cheese)

Step by Step Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 450.
    Spray baking sheet with PAM spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the Panko breadcrumbs, Italian bread crumbs, garlic salt, and salt and pepper.
3. Dip zucchini strip into the egg or egg whites.
4. Then, dip the zucchini into the breadcrumb mixture. (this step is incredibly MESSY!)
5. Place on baking sheet.

*You may need to add more bread crumbs...depends on the size of the zucchini being used*
6. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake an addition 5 minutes.
*I wish I would have baked for a shorter amount of time....I baked for 15 minutes and didn't flip...therefore they are a little bit burnt*

I served them with the Sweet and Spicy steak! DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment