Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Deep Dish Pizza at HOME!

Only recently have I been interested in the idea of making my own deep dish pizza...I don't really like deep dish pizza...but the Pizza Hut commercial with the girl holding the frying pan made me wonder...could I do this on my own?

As Barney would say, "challenge accepted!"

Deep Dish Pizza Bake

Ingredients
*pizza dough (I got mine from Wegman's...I wasn't about to make my own from scratch)
*pizza sauce
*cheese
*your favorite pizza toppings
*garlic salt and oregano
*PAM spray

Step by Step Directions
*the dough should be at room temperature for at least an hour*

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place a baking sheet on the lower rack of the oven while it is preheating.

2. Spray the pan with PAM spray and spread the pizza dough on the bottom of the pan. Spear it with a fork a few times. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.


3. Meanwhile, get your pizza toppings ready.

4. Spray the pizza crust with PAM. Cover with sauce (I also added some garlic salt). Then, cheese and toppings.

5. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Check the crust. It may need a few more minutes. Move to the top rack for an additional 5 minutes.

**Don't try and cut the pizza in the pan...it is really messy! Put it on another surface to cut into wedges!**

There are endless ways to make this more delicious...this being my first time trying it...if I try it again...I will definitely try different ways to make the crust more flavorful...

No comments:

Post a Comment