Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ryan's Favorite Xmas Cookie MUST HAVE!

As you know, I am not a baker. My mom is the baker. But, now that we have our own house, I thought it was about time I begin to try and bake some of our own favorite Christmas cookies! This is by no means a recipe I made up on my own...it is the recipe my mom has used for years...it is probably very similar to others you have read!

Without further ado, here is Ryan's favorite Christmas cookie recipe...


PB Hershey Kiss Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup light butter (2 sticks)
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 T. milk
2 t. vanilla
3 1/2 c. flour (yes, I used white flour)
2 t. salt
2 t. baking soda
approximately 2 packages of Hershey Kisses (I used traditional and dark chocolate)

Step by Step Directions

**Unwrap the Hershey Kisses before you begin!**

1. Cream butter and peanut butter. Gradually add both sugars and cream well.
2. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla.
3. Blend in dry ingredients.
4. Shape into small 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.

5. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for approximately 6 minutes.

6. Take out of the oven and press a Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie.
7. Put back into the oven and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes. Cool on baking racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment