Monday, December 3, 2012

Soft and Chewy Chocolately Delights

Back into the kitchen I go to do some more baking...this time, I came across this recipe in my book of recipes I have collected over the years. It was originally from Kraft Kitchens recipe collection. In fact, it is from so long ago, you cannot find the original recipe on their website! (I checked)

These cookies are similar to a brownie, but in cookie form. You can put your own spin on these cookies by what you top your cookies with. These cookies are relatively easy to make, but can be somewhat of a pain to get onto the cookie sheet because it becomes hard to handle. But, then again, I am impatient when it comes to baking....so that may just be my own personal opinion.

So, here is my own take on these soft and chewy chocolately delights...


Soft and Chewy Chocolately Delights

Ingredients
*4 squares Baker's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
*3/4 cup light butter
*2 cups sugar (I only used 1 1/2 c. and I could tell they needed to be a bit more sugary)
*3 eggs
*1 t. vanilla
*2 c. flour

Step by Step Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a microwable bowl. Cook on HIGH for 2 minutes.

3. Stir until the chocolate melts completely.


4. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs, vanilla. Add flour. Mix.
5. REFRIGERATE for at least 15 minutes until dough is easy to handle.

6. Drop dough onto GREASED baking sheet about 1 inch apart.

7. Bake for 8 minutes. Then, top with your favorite toppings.


*If you need to wait on cookie sheets that are baking in the oven, put the dough back into the refrigerator, so the dough doesn't get warm.

*Toppings I used...mint chips, almond slices, caramel Hershey Kisses, sprinkles (decorate with sprinkles BEFORE you bake), chocolate covered peanuts, dark chocolate Hershey Kisses...all completely up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment