Sunday, December 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Fudge...or at least I tried!

When I was little, I remember we used to get the most amazing Peanut Butter Fudge from someone. It was smooth, creamy, and super sugar-y. So, I thought it would be pretty simple to recreate the delicious treat.

Well, practice (I think) will make perfect. This time out...not the worst, but definitely looks like there is room for improvement! Any helpful hints are DEFINITELY appreciated!
 
 

Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients
*1/2 cup light butter
*2 cups packed brown sugar (I had dark brown on hand)
*1 cup creamy peanut butter
*1 tsp vanilla extract (definitely had a bit more because I poured too fast)
*3 cups confectioners' sugar
*1/2 cup evaporated milk

Step by Step Directions
*You will need a thermometer for this recipe*

1. Put confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Set aside.

2. Melt the butter in pan over medium heat.


Once the butter is melted, stir in brown sugar and milk. Make sure your thermometer is in this liquid.


3. While CONSTANTLY stirring, bring mixture to a boil and boil until the thermometer reaches 234 degrees.

(if you stop stirring, the mixture will rise up and boil over...what a mess that would be!)
4. Once the thermometer hits 234 degrees, remove mixture from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.

5. Pour over the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth. (mine never became smooth, it was crumbly...this is where I need some input...what did I do wrong?)

6. Pour mixture into a greased pan (I used an 8x8). I had to press the mixture into the pan.
Chill until firm. (mine was firm)
 



Recipe inspired by Baked Perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment