Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Steak

First, I MUST apologize for my laziness...I have no excuses other than, I just needed a break from trying new recipes in the kitchen! So, I had to tap into my creative juices tonight because I just had to get back into the kitchen....

This was a "thrown together" meal (I know, yet again), but I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome!

Sweet and Spicy Steak
(a super QUICK marinade)

Ingredients
*flank steak
(the following ingredient measurements are up to you)
*red pepper flakes
*light brown sugar
*honey
*low sodium soy sauce
*garlic salt

Step by Step
1. Rub light brown sugar into flank steak.

2. Slice steak into strips.
3. Sprinkle red pepper flakes (use more than you might want, the sweetness will balance the pepper flakes out) and garlic salt over the steak.

4. Pour soy sauce over the steak and then drizzle some honey over the meat, as well.
5. Marinate for AS LITTLE as 30 MINUTES! (that was all the time I had to let it sit! And, it worked!)

6. Grill or cook on a grill pan on a stove top to your desired liking.
ENJOY!
(FYI...that would be bread crumb coated zucchini...that recipe is still to come!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment