Monday, September 24, 2012

Flavor Your Pizza Crust!

We had a really busy weekend which did not include a trip to the grocery store...so I had to make something out of what we had in the refrigerator for this one...

I found an "older" pizza crust in the back and started to think of a way I could make it have a bit more flavor. Especially after having the red pepper flavored one I wrote about a few weeks ago. So, I thought about the different pizza chains and how they have flavored crusts....and that is where this recipe begins.

Chicken and Basil Mozzarella Pizza

Ingredients

*1 shredded chicken breast (flavored with garlic seasonings)
*pizza crust
*tomato sauce
*mozzarella cheese
*fresh basil
*EVOO/butter with garlic seasoning mixture
(I had onion, garlic, salt/pepper, oregano in with my chicken as it was simmering in the crock pot, so those are in there as well)

Step by Step

As I stated above, I cooked the chicken in a crock pot. I wanted to have flavorful moist chicken that could easily be pulled apart. I did overcook my chicken a bit because I wasn't sure how long to cook 1 chicken breast. So, on low for about an hour and a half. (keep an eye on it)


Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.

Mix EVOO (I added in a lil bit of butter too for it to stick) and your choice of italian seasoning...I prefer garlic based.

Brush onto the crust. (I would even sprinkle more garlic on next time)


Top the crust with tomato sauce, shredded chicken, basil and cheese.


Turn oven down to 425 degrees and bake for 9-10 minutes.

(I had to bake for an additional minute or two...not sure if that had to do with how old the crust)

Next time...I will add more flavor to what I brush onto the crust. I also might but it all over the crust rather than just the end of the crust. Also, I think I would add some tomato slices, minced garlic, and spinach.


No comments:

Post a Comment