Thursday, September 20, 2012

3 Ingredient Pulled Pork Recipe! Not kidding!

I must admit I am not a huge pork fan. I remember when I got my first crock pot the first recipe I tried to make was a pork tenderloin. For the life of me I can't remember why that was my first attempt at crock "potting," but it was and it was a DISASTER! I was so excited to come home after a day of teaching and not have to do much in regards to making dinner and much to my dismay the pork loin looked like a dead arm...and smelled equally as bad. This was so much of a disaster, I didn't touch the crock pot again for YEARS!!!

Well, little by little, I made my way back to my crock pot...and now I can't get enough of it!
(and I made my way back to trying to cook pork)


3 Ingredient Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Ingredients

-pork tenderloin (or pork shoulder)
-root beer
-BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce)

Directions

1. Pour root beer over the pork. I didn't measure...just poured until I felt there was enough liquid in with the pork.

2. Cook on low for 6 hours. Drain the pork.

3. Shred the pork with a fork. Cover with your favorite BBQ sauce.
 





4. Cook on low for another hour.

That's It! Easy Breezy!
It's what's for dinner tonight...
(potato fries...soaked in salt water for 10 minutes...baked at 425 degrees for 15 minutes)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment