Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spicy Hot Kale Chips

I love kale chips, but this recipe may be a bit too much for me! It is literally burning my mouth with the spicy flavor right now! Kale chips are very easy to make, but it isn't a taste that everyone enjoys....Ryan HATES them...and I can't say any of my other friends have truly embraced the kale chip. But, I enjoy them.

The last time I made them, I was very simple...sea salt and Parmesan cheese...pretty simple. This time, I got too creative. I think if you are going to make kale chips, think about what type of potato chips you enjoy and make your kale chips with that in mind.

Spicy Hot Kale Chips
Ingredients
Kale (chopped into small pieces, no stems)
red pepper flakes
1 t. extra virgin olive oil
1/8c. mozzarella cheese
nonstick cooking spray

Step by Step
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Drizzle the olive oil over the kale. Mix the seasoning in and toss with your hands.

3. Spray a baking sheet and then arrange the kale on the sheet. Top with the cheese.

4. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Feel free to change what rack the baking sheet is on halfway thru baking.

*I haven't found a way to keep them crispy unfortunately...so they are a bake and eat, unfortunately

No comments:

Post a Comment