Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shrimp Scampi with Linguini

Not sure where I found this recipe, but it was in with all of the recipes I copied from my Mom's recipe box....the reason why I don't know where this recipe came from...my mom doesn't really make seafood dishes, so why would I have copied this recipe from her recipe box?

Nonetheless, I tried this recipe the other night and it was scrumptious! (And, the leftovers were probably amazing...but Ryan got to enjoy those)

The recipe I used called for dry white wine...I didn't have any, so I omitted it. Not sure how it would have changed the outcome, but if you want to add it to this recipe add 1/2 a cup.


Shrimp Scampi w/ Linguini
Ingredients
1 lb. linguini
4 T. unsalted butter
4 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 shallots, finely diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1 T. red pepper flakes
1 pound shrimp
Juice from 1 lemon
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded

Step by Step Directions
1. Cook the linguini according to the package directions.
2. In a large skillet, melt 2 T. butter and 2 T. EVOO over medium-high heat. Saute the onions, shallots, garlic, red pepper and red pepper flakes. (approximately 3-4 minutes)

3. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. (I also sprinkled with garlic salt) Add them to the pan and cook until the shrimp are pink. Then, add lemon juice. Remove from heat.

4. In the skillet, add the remaining 2 T. of butter and the 2 T. EVOO and the parsley. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp and shallot mixture to the pan.

5. Reserve 1/4 c. of noodle water and then drain the pasta. Return the pasta to the pot. Pour the shallot/shrimp mixture over the noodles and add the starchy noodle water as well. Stir.


6. Sprinkle with cheese and serve!









No comments:

Post a Comment