Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Beef Quesadillas

 
Now, I LOVE quesadillas! I LOVE ordering them from restuarants, I love making them...I just LOVE them!

So, I thought I had to write a quick post about how I make them. That being said, remember there are many different things you can put into the quesadilla and mine are never the same.

The key to a quesadilla success, to me, is to make sure you heat up the tortilla in a pan (sprayed with PAM, of course) on both sides and when you fold the quesadilla and want to melt the cheese inside...pour a bit of water into the pan and cover it. (that is the trick!)

Beef Quesadillas

Ingredients

*1/2 lb. ground beef
*1/4 diced red pepper
*1/4 diced onion
*1 scallion, diced
*1/4 c. fresh cilantro
*1/2 c. salsa
*lime juice
*salt and pepper
*taco seasoning
*tortillas
*mexican cheese
*sour cream, Tabasco, additional salsa...for topping

Step By Step

1. Combine all of the veggies. Season with salt and pepper and lime juice. (and a dash or two of Tabasco, if desired)
2. Cook the ground beef with the taco seasonings. Add in a bit of water during this process.
3. Once the meat is ALMOST browned, add in the veggies and the salsa. Cook for a few additional minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat an additional pan over High heat. Turn the heat down after a minute to medium-high heat and place a tortilla on the pan and cover. After a minute, flip the tortilla over. Add cheese to half of the tortilla.
5. Top the cheese with the meat mixture. Top with more cheese and fold the tortilla in half.


6. Add in a bit of water and cover to melt the cheese. Once the cheese is melted, it is done. Make sure you use a strong utensil to get the quesadilla out of the pan and onto the plate. (sorry I forgot to take a picture of this, but hopefully you get the idea!)


Serve with a side of rice and/or beans. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Well thank you for the tips, I have always only heated the one side and the water tip that is smart. The steam would melt the cheese so nice, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help! I think warming the tortilla on both sides makes a HUGE difference!

    ReplyDelete